Enjoy,

I start with fresh organic tomatoes, and bake them

so they develop richer flavors, and the skin is easier to peel

After the tomatoes are cored and seeded, there is a lot of juice on the cutting board. I just strain it all into the pot.

My spice blend is blackpepper, paprika, coriander, cumin, cinnamon, and ginger.
I toast my seeds over med-high heat in a small skillet

Then grind to a powerder with the mortar and pestle

Cinnamon is grated fresh

Organic red fresno chili peppers provide the heat in this recipe.
I puree them with the tomatoes.

Tomato+chili puree is mixed with spices and simmered till thickened.
This is the finished sauce

I strain out bits of skin and seeds before drying.

Drying is done on baking sheets lined with parchment paper

I dried this one in the oven, lowest setting, door slightly propped open

The dried sauce is like a fruit leather, and lightweight.

I sample the sauce with a spoonful of heavy cream, in case I need to make any last minute adjustments.
No comments:
Post a Comment